Sunday, April 16, 2006

Well, it's Easter. This weekend hasn't been the best one of late. Dad is back until tomorrow morning at 4am, when I take him to the bus station. He has a 24 hour or something like that bus ride and then he gets to the company he's going to be working for. He has one more test to take that involves 90 degree backing. I'm pretty sure I can't do that, but I've never tried.

My truck blew a head gasket Friday night. This is the second time it's happened, though this time it's not my fault. A certain connector disintegrated spraying antifreeze all over the place, and my Mom didn't realize anything was wrong until the truck wouldn't run anymore. So, that puts me out either $500+ or $60 and 4 hours of hell. I can't describe how I hate working on cars. I hate it. Really and truly. We still have Mom's red van that won't top 45 mph, which will get us to work and back just fine. We also have Dad's van, but that thing gets 7mpg, so that's for emergency use only.

None of this stopped us from watching Firefly on Friday. I believe it was the last disk. The last episode included Richard Brooks. It was a cool series. I hope they do something more with it soon. We are going to be grilling steaks tonight, steaks from Omaha. Rock and Roll is upon us.

No comments: