Monday, April 17, 2006

I sometimes wonder if the Dreyers man knows I'm babysitting everything he does. I check with him when he orders for sure, but I don't know if he knows I check what actually comes in on the truck too. I wonder. If he finds out perhaps he will be upset, but perhaps he will stop ordering so much bullshit. Maybe in some other region people can't get enough of Dreyers, but around here, it's Blue Bell or nothing. People will pay $5 for a half gallon of Blue Bell long before they will pay $3.68 for a half gallon of Edy's. I can't explain this to the buyer either.

So I found out today that you have to have a year of supervisor experience before you can apply for management training. I have 6 months with the company, unless you count the 5 years I worked for Gnomon Copy supervising on weekends only. Even then, that was unofficial. I just knew more than the weekenders, so I was in charge of them, which meant doing most of the work. I definitely don't miss working weekends there. TakeNote can stick it up their ass. They never pay their bill anyway.

Dad has arrived in Arkansas for orientation. I guess one needs orientating upon arrival in that state. He starts driving on Friday for actual pay, so that will be nice. I'm sure he'll have some good stories. I hope his trainer is a good guy and not some kind of Full Metal Jacket person.

Not much going on around here, the internet was down for a couple of hours this afternoon. I noticed immediately of course, since I tried to play Halo 2 and was unable to connect. Oh well. We played some more cooperative, since that's less frustrating with two than multiplayer is. Widescreen TV's split the screen vertically, which makes it nearly impossible to see anything to the right or left. It's disorientating. I'm much better with the whole TV. Anyway, time to sleep.

No comments: