Thursday, April 13, 2006

I told this thing to add an image, but there is no indication that it did so. We'll see when I post this if it showed up. A couple of days ago, I killed my own teammate in Halo 2 and was subsequently booted. I can't really explain what was going through my head. I, for some goddamned reason, thought that I was in my own base, so when I saw this guy arming the bomb right next to me, I thought, "Not on my watch motherfucker," and proceeded to gun him down ruthlessly. It didn't occur to me that he wasn't fighting back, or that he was the same color as me. It's official, I am an asshole. It's safe to say that it won't happen again. He's probably blacklisted me, so I won't get the chance to apologize. If I had screwed up that badly back in high school, I would have been afraid to go back to school again.

For those of you following the Dad news, he passed his CDL test today, as if there was any doubt. He certainly was nervous about it last weekend. I didn't figure he would have a problem. It's just hard for me to imagine my Dad not being able to drive something. I don't know, maybe television has erased my imagination.

Firefly Disk 4 has arrived. We shall watch it tomorrow, as is our Friday routine, or at least if we do it this Friday it will be a routine. I am certain it will be worth waiting until tomorrow. We usually break it in with some Halo. We'll see. My connection has been really crappy lately, to the point where I spend most of the match watching the reconnect screen. I guess my ISP sucks before 8pm or so. When I don't have technical issues, I can piss people off. When I keep getting shitty connection problems, I look like a noob and am lucky to get 4 kills.

No comments: