Wednesday, April 19, 2006

So I talked to Dad today and he says he's all done taking tests. He thinks they will be taking off tomorrow at 1 or so to start on the road training, for which he gets paid $350/week. Once the trainer thinks he's ready, he gets signed off on, and goes to $0.29/mile. At 10 hours a day, 63 mph, that equals 630 miles per day, which adds up to 4,410 miles per week. That adds up to $1,278.90 per week minus taxes. (Today's post brought to you by the letter F, and by the number 1,278.9). That's not too shabby. I got 63 mph from the fact that their trucks are governed at 63 mph. For the uneducated, that means they can't go any faster than that. I was riding with a guy when he discovered that his Camaro is governed at 120mph. That was pretty fun.

Today was damned boring. I got to do a lot of thinking, and ended up calling myself a biscuit whisperer. You can see how productive my imagination is when I'm making up stuff to do. I don't fix people's problems with biscuits, I fix biscuits' problems with people. Picture me telling dark secrets to a bag of frozen biscuits. I don't know why you would picture that though. Prepare to receive my bad medicine.

2 comments:

Paranoid Whimper said...

I've never had frozen biscuits. It can't possibly be as enjoyable to prepare as the ones that come in a tin/cardboard can that goes POOF! when you open it. And you call yourself a biscuit whisperer, you must have stolen that line after reading my comment to Mike about his arse being a dog whisperer!

The Man With The Pillsbury Hands said...

Actually I did think of the term before and your comment reminded me of it. So I suppose you're right in a way. I also like the poofing of biscuits, but now that I stock them, I know that they go poof far too easily.