Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Today was full of unloading and reloading vehicles as the ramifications of the exodus from Kentucky become clear. It won't be so bad, having them here. I actually like them, my parents. My other complaints were petty at best, even though they still stand. I think I will find they aren't as bad about things like movies as I had thought they were. I still won't introduce Kill Bill to them. They can try to watch that themselves. I can't wait for the day when I come home to that one.

(Not that Kill Bill is so bad really, it's just the most violent, full of swearing movie that I own).

It's just a matter of finding jobs, and they will be all set in my book. All set doesn't mean out of my house, it means on the path. Once they get jobs, they will feel better about being here, and they'll have something to do besides hang around. Texas is one boring place when you don't have a job. All you can do is sit around and swelter. I remember my first month here, and it did suck.

Mom already has a job at the Dairy Queen. She has worked there before, and they were delighted at the idea of paying her again. I mean, it is the Dairy Queen, but it could be worse. McDonald's is hiring I'm sure. Nothing against McDonald's except one thing: they represent the lowest end of the job food chain (well, to me at least). I hear that ditch digging is worse, but I bet they pay you better to dig ditches than to flip burgers.

No comments: