Thursday, March 23, 2006

The bonus is here. Almost $400 of it went to taxes. While that truly and totally sucks, I still have $900+ more than I would have otherwise. Apparently the Xbox 360 will arrive Friday night. So, I guess I know what I'll be doing at midnight on Friday. In the interim, I have bought Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, a wireless controller and a plug and play kit. I had to at least be able to play coop Halo2.

Last night we went to an Italian place called Bellas for my Dad's birthday. It's an Italian place owned by Italians. In New York, it's unheard of for it to be otherwise, but there are so few Italians here that I've met that it bears mentioning. To say the least, they are my favorite place within fifty miles. Nine of us ate there for less than $80. That doesn't include the tip, but that's an ambiguous figure. It's a dry county, so there's nothing cool like wine or beer to be had, but it was good nonetheless. They were kind enough to play the Kenny G version of the theme from 2001. There was a conversation started by me about how much more food would be consumed in the world if men were the ones to get pregnant. I believe the world couldn't sustain such a constant drain. We can only thank God that in his infinite wisdom, women are the ones he saddled with this role.

After the dinner we all came back to my little house and ate Blue Bell Hot Chocolate ice cream and two frozen pies by Edwards, Banana Cream, and Moose Tracks. We didn't finish off the pies, we just finished off one. You never leave Bellas with enough room for much dessert. It was a good time.

No comments: