Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Note to self, don't kick the reset button in your obsessive compulsive shifting of your legs while you are typing a post. Now I have to try and rephrase.

The parents are about 45 minutes away now. I promised them I would have something cooked. I imagine hamburger helper is about the best I can do. I'm not exactly a chef. Dad gave the impression that he is not thrilled at the thought of moving in with us, but Mom is quite excited about it. The feeling is symmetrical. I am also not exactly thrilled, but Liana is elated. I think she is happy to have someone besides us to do the dishes. I positively hate doing them, and now she will have a respite from the siege of cluttered counterspace and paper plates.

Man on Fire looks really cool in high definition. I'm really only saying that because it's on my mind and I want to make everyone without high definition feel jealous. In reality, it's not that big of a TV. Anyone with a respectable income can easily afford something twice as big. It does quite well for me, being the first HDTV I've ever owned. I like the whole concept of high definition, since it is widescreen by default. Now all those morons who bought fullscreen DVD's because they hated seeing the whole image on the screen will be bitching about the black bars on the sides. Ha Ha assholes. It's your fault for not buying widescreen to begin with. Sorry, it's just that working in retail and seeing people complain because we don't have something in fullscreen makes veins pop out of my head. Here's a tip for you fullscreen die hards out there. In order to format the movie to your square TV, they have to crop 50 % of the image. That's right, you are actually missing image in fullscreen, not the other way around. Duh. Here's why you should have known that. When you go to the theater, is the screen in front of you square, or is it wide? Piece it together.

No comments: