Sunday, March 18, 2007

We ended up watching 300. You can see this post to find out what I thought of it.

Today I was out mowing the lawn with this reel mower we purchased from Lowes. Apparently to save money they had their sweat shop install plastic gear wheels with metal pins that drive them. Amazingly, the metal pin has worn through the plastic gears. As a result, the blades don't turn when you push the mower. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the lawn, and now it gets to look like some lazy schmo (how do you spell that?) decided it was too hard to mow this lawn. All 1/2 acre of it. I think it's a half acre anyway, I really don't know. It's like only getting half of your hair cut.

I hope we still have the receipt so we can get it exchanged for a new one. We've only mowed the lawn about 4 times. Am I supposed to magically avoid all sticks in the grass? Is this mower only designed to mow golf courses? It does a marvelous job, when the cheap ass gears haven't worn out. Would it have been so hard to install metal gears?

No comments: