Friday, May 11, 2007

A lot has happened since I last posted. I bought a digital camera with the almighty tax return. I bought a 10 gallon aquarium and various accessories with the same tax return. I set it all up and let it run for 3 days, then I added three fish. You can look these up if you're interested; two dwarf gouramis, and one red finned shark. I know I know, fish experts out there are telling me I have no bottom feeders and the shark will outgrow the tank shortly. Stop your whining. If the fish starts to outgrow the tank I'll just put him in the new tank I'm going to buy. How can I afford this you ask?

By quitting Wal-Mart and starting work tomorrow at 7am with a local oil services company. I'll be working at some place called the mud yard, which sounds ominous. I have to go out and buy some jeans to go with my recently acquired steel toed boots, but otherwise I'm ready. I'll be getting my class A CDL out of this too. All for $12/hour. Guess who's not complaining.

In the process of getting my CDL permit I learned from the doctor that I'm morbidly obese and that my blood pressure is 168/108. This is clearly a recipe for death. I've cut the soda completely from my diet over the last two days, so we'll see what that does. I'm also going to have to exercise I know, and I will get to that soon. I look at it like I'm being paid to lose weight and be healthier. Quitting soda is hard though, almost as hard as quitting smoking. The joke of the week has been morbidly obese.


I'll leave you with a sample from the new camera.



No comments: