Monday, February 27, 2006

Got a call today at 7pm from my parents saying they were in Jackson, Tennessee. That's 605 miles, which according to yahoo maps will take 9 hours and 18 minutes. I'm calling that 12 hours in an attempt to be reasonable. They should be here at 6pm tomorrow, depending on when they leave.

I feel oddly like I've just moved in to this place, now that the computer room is empty. The house has a different smell. It also helps that this was the first day of the year when it was permissible to open the windows. I know I'm from New York and 40 degrees isn't shit, but damnit, 40 degrees is cold for inside the house watching Waiting, the highlight of which was making fun of Forrest Gump. "Momma said they'd take me anywhere. 'Course, Momma used to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Maybe I just feel better about the house because I've cleaned the shit out of the two rooms that I spend the most time in. I did it at a medium pace while intermittently playing Halo 2. I don't recommend this if you're in a hurry, but it makes any job that much more fun when you can stop and kill Brutes.

No comments: